The allure of the open road combined with the tranquility of the beach is a dream come true for many adventurers. Traveling in an RV gives you the flexibility to change scenery at will, yet always have your home comforts close by.
For beach lovers who travel in their home-on-wheels, finding that perfect sandy spot to park and play is a unique thrill.
Let's embark on a coast-to-coast journey across the US, exploring the top five beaches with RV access.
#1 Carpinteria State Beach, California
- Pacific Serenity: Carpinteria promises a serene beach experience. Located just south of Santa Barbara, it offers a peaceful alternative to the sometimes-busy beaches of Southern California.
- RV Amenities: The campground here caters to RVs up to 35 feet in length. You can find full hookup sites, restrooms, and even a camp store.
- Bonus Tip: Visit the nearby Tar Pits Park to witness naturally occurring asphalt springs.
#2 Padre Island National Seashore, Texas
- Beach Stretch Extravaganza: Stretching for over 70 miles along the Gulf of Mexico, Padre Island boasts the longest undeveloped barrier island in the world!
- RV Amenities: There are several primitive campgrounds available, like Malaquite Campground. While there are no hookups, you’ll find rinse stations and restrooms.
- Bonus Tip: If you visit during the right season, you might witness the incredible sight of Kemp's Ridley sea turtles nesting.
#3 Camp Gulf, Destin, Florida
- Emerald Coast Glory: White sands, clear blue waters, and a range of activities make Destin's beaches among the most beloved in the US.
- RV Amenities: Camp Gulf is the place to be. This RV resort offers full hookup sites right on the beach. It also boasts two swimming pools, a hot tub, and various rental amenities.
- Bonus Tip: Don't miss out on trying the local seafood, especially the Gulf shrimp.
#4 Beverly Beach State Park, Oregon
- Pacific Northwest Charm: Hidden amidst a forest of spruce, hemlock, and salal, this beach offers an enchanting Pacific Northwest experience.
- RV Amenities: The campground is equipped for RVs and offers electrical and water hookups. With over 120 RV sites, the park also provides easy beach access via a quaint underpass below the highway.
- Bonus Tip: The nearby Yaquina Head Lighthouse offers breathtaking views, especially during sunsets.
#5 Assateague Island National Seashore, MarylandA Wild Encounter:
Ever wanted to camp near wild horses? Assateague Island, located off the coast of Maryland, is a unique blend of sandy beaches and wildlife encounters. The wild horses here are a marvel, gracefully wandering the sands and grasslands.
RV Amenities: Assateague State Park provides two main campgrounds suitable for RVs. While you won't find utility hookups, there are potable water points, dump stations, and cold-water showers.
Bonus Tip: Apart from beach activities, this location is also great for bird watching, so keep those binoculars handy!
Wrapping It Up
The US coastline is dotted with numerous beaches, each with its own unique charm. These five beaches offer not just the beauty of the seascape but the convenience of RV accommodations, making them a traveler's dream. Whether you're looking for wild encounters, serene sunsets, or beachfront luxury, these spots have got you covered. So rev up that RV and get ready for a beach adventure like no other! 🚐🌊